TVUplayer is a very basic program when it comes to using it - mostly because it has no options.
So how do I record using TVU?
First you will need a program called VLC witch can be downloaded here Download.com.
Install VLC and open it.
- Go to Fil - Open NetworksStream.
Now a box should apear.
- Mark the one called HTTP/HTTPS/FTP/MMS
Go to the bottom where the “Advance options is”
- And write the following in “customize:” http://127.0.0.1:8901/
(Note: This URL is only for TVUplayer, when recording with Sopcast, this will be different.)
-Now mark “Stream/save” and choose “settings” next to it.
- Mark “fil” and press “browse” find a place where to save it and called it “example.wmv” (the WMC is very importent)
- Go down and mark the ones called “Video codec” and “Audio codec” (do nothing else)
- Now press Okay and it should automaticly start saving from the channel that you are watching.
You can start and pause it as you will if you do not like the commercials and so on.